These are some of the ways you can accommodate a latecomer:
- Pass all of the racers through inspection in the Registration tab, then each racer will have a spot reserved for them. If they miss a heat, then you will have to decide if you want to run them separately and then manually enter their time into the heat they missed (only works for times scoring).
- Adding a Bye racer or two. You have the same issue as above with them coming after a heat is already run.
- Run them as a separate group, but then you'd need to manually tabulate the standings to factor them in (only works for times scoring).
- Use the Manual Scheduling feature (Pro Version) to add in heats for that racer (only works for times scoring, since the racer may only be competing against no one else).
- Restart the race, but of course, this is likely to be the most disruptive to the other racers.