GrandPrix Race Manager
GrandPrix Race Manager Version 12.0
GrandPrix Race Manager™ is an application that will help you manage your Pinewood Derby®, Awana® Grand Prix, Space Derby®, Raingutter Regatta, and other similar races by Royal Rangers, Royal Ambassadors, Lutheran Pioneers, YMCA Adventure Guides, Christian Service Brigade, CRC Cadets, Master Clubs, and other organizations. GrandPrix Race Manager handles registering racers to determining award winners, making your race more organized, shorter and enjoyable for all. GrandPrix Race Manager is highly customizable and easy to use.
*** Our competitors may claim that they provide the leading race management software, but we feel that the software should do the talking! Download our demo and theirs and see for yourself who provides the best software on the market. In addition, we provide quick and professional support for our software to help you have a smooth race. ***
See how GrandPrix Race Manager features compare to competing software packages on our Software Comparison page. Decide for yourself which will best suit the needs of your race.
|Timer Compatibility Matrix|
|GrandPrix Race Manager can also be configured to work with other serial timers, even DIY systems.|
Flexible and Easy to Use
- Step By Step Use - The software indicates the steps to take to run your race. Check off each step as you complete it.
- Adapts to Different Types of Races - Customizable for racing cars, semi-trucks, Space Derby® rockets, Raingutter Regatta boats, and other race vehicles.
- Not Tied to One Specific Way - The software gives you the flexibility to run a race in many different ways. The software will not dictate how you should run your race.
- Customize to Your Organization - It doesn't matter if your organization is Cub Scouts®, Boy Scouts, Awana®, Royal Rangers, Royal Ambassadors, Lutheran Pioneers, YMCA Adventure Guides, Christian Service Brigade, CRC Cadets, or another organization. You can define your race groups and subgroups to be whatever you want.
- Number of Lanes - Supports from 1 to 8 lane tracks.
- Large Font Screens - Roster, Racing, On Deck, Standings, and Awards screens have fonts large enough to display on a large TV or projection system.
- Highly Customizable - Many options are provided to allow you to customize the software to better suit your needs.
- Simple Racer Registration - Manually enter racers or import racer information from an existing spreadsheet or database. You can also import racer data from or export data to DerbyDMV.
- Vehicle Number Flexibility - Racers can choose their own vehicle numbers or they can be assigned by the race staff or by the software.
- Racer Photos - If you wish, you can add photos of each racer or of their race vehicle. You can even capture the photos directly from a web cam or video camera.1 These photos will be displayed on the Racing, Heat Winner, Track Record, and Awards/Standings screens. You can also print these on awards certificates.
- Static Scheduling - The software has built-in generators for Perfect-N Type and Lane Rotation schedules.
- Dynamic Scheduling - Built-in Dynamic scheduler maximizes the number of racers to win at least one heat. Competition gets tighter for all racers as the race progresses, since racers are matched up based on performance.
- Other Scheduling Methods - Compatible with other non-elimination scheduling methods such as Stearns, Round Robin, Chaotic Rotation, and others via import or manual entry.
- Master Scheduling - Collate your group schedules for a round into a master schedule. Keeps racers more involved and not waiting for their group's turn to race. Note: Does not work with Dynamic scheduling.
- Ad-Hoc Scheduling - You can even race without first building a schedule, for ad-hoc racing.
- DOES NOT support Single, Double or Triple Elimination - Find out why
- View our Suggested Race Format
Race Scoring - Score by points or by elapsed time.
- Times Scoring - Score by your choice of Cumulative, Average or Single Fastest elapsed time. You can even ignore each racer's worst time, so one bad run doesn't hurt them!
- Points Scoring - Points are awarded based on finish order.
- Auto or Manual Entry - Results can be entered automatically, via one of the supported timing systems, or manually.
Running the Race
- Race Rounds - Run any number of rounds for each race group. You can also run a Grand Finals round of the top finishers from each race group.
- Full Featured Racing Screen
- Displays current heat's racers and their lane assignments. Also displays results for each racer once heat is completed.
- Displays "On Deck" racers.
- Displays the list of top times.
- Displays the track record time and record holder.
- Automatically receive input from a timing system, if one used.
- Run head-to-head tiebreaker heats, if needed.
- Play sound effects.
- Re-run a heat, if necessary.
- And more...
- Tiebreakers - If you have a tie in the standings, you can apply a set of tiebreaker rules to break it without any further racing. You can also break the ties in head-to-head fashion.
- Timing Systems - Supports popular serial port timing systems, including Fast Track, The Judge, NewBold DTX000 and Turbo, RaceMaster IV, Timestopper, SmartLine, and The Champ. Can also be configured to work with many other serial timers, even some Do-It-Yourself serial timers.
Important Note: We make no guarantees on how well serial timers not specifically listed above will work with this software.
- Start Light "Christmas Tree" - Supports triggering a compatible drag racing style start light "Christmas Tree" via the serial port.
- Solenoid Start Gate - Supports triggering a compatible solenoid start gate via the serial port.
Important Note: GrandPrix Race Manager V7.0 and above do not support parallel port devices (timing systems, solenoid gates or light trees).
Awards and Standings
- Awards Management - Define an unlimited number of design, speed and other awards. Designate the winners of each, after they are determined.
- Certificates - Print out awards and participation certificates.
- Awards Ceremony - Display the awards and speed standings during your awards ceremony.
- Variety of Reports - Numerous reports are provided, from rosters to race statistics and everything in between.
- Export Reports - Reports can be exported to various file formats and even be posted to your website. You can even use these to create your own custom reports.
- Customizable - Several reports provide customization options. Advanced users can go further by editing the report template files.
- Race Statistics - Detailed statistics are provided for groups, racers, lane, and overall race performance measures.
- Supports Power Point Presentation Remotes - Your MC or race director can control the large-font screens using one of these types of remote control.
- Supports RaceFX Software - If you have RaceFX Version 3.0 or above installed, then you can launch the sound effects dashboard from the racing screen.
- Supports RaceReplay Software - If you have our RaceReplay or above software installed, then GrandPrix Race Manager can automatically control the video recording and replay from the racing screen.
And much more...
1. Snapshot feature requires a compatible video camera or webcam and a connection to your PC. See the Requirements tab for specific hardware needs.
Check out some of the comments from our customers.
A portion of the profits from this software are donated to our local Awana club. Awana® is an international organization which seeks to teach girls and boys about the Gospel of Christ and to train them to serve Him through bible verse memorization, bible teaching, games, and other activities.
GrandPrix Race Manager is a trademark of Lisano Enterprises, LLC.
Awana is a registered trademark of Awana Clubs International.
Pinewood Derby, Space Derby and Cub Scouts are registered trademarks of the Boy Scouts of America.
Windows and Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
|Upgrade Policy:||Upgrade Now for $10.00|
Registered users of any previous version of this software are eligible to purchase the upgrade. Anyone purchasing an earlier version of this software within 90 days of the newest version being released can contact us for a free upgrade.
What's New with Version 12.0:
GrandPrix Race Manager™ was originally written for use in our Awana Grand Prix races of Gateway Church of El Cajon, CA. Then it was offered as shareware for a couple of years before being rewritten as a commercial grade application and launched as Version 2.0. Each year we continue to improve the software and have used it to run our own Awana and Cub Scout races each year. Countless race coordinators have given their feedback and suggestions over the years, which has helped make GrandPrix Race Manager into a quality race management software package and an outstanding value for the price.
- If not using subgroups, the group can be selected from a drop-down list instead of from a popup screen.
- When entering in racers, the Enter key will now drop the cursor to the first cell of the new row.
- When entering awards and if not using subgroups, the group can be selected from a drop-down list instead of from a popup screen.
- When entering in awards, the Enter key will now drop the cursor to the first cell of the new row.
- When displaying standings to the audience, for the "one at a time" display option, the finish order will be shown initially, but no racer information. The Reveal button will then fill in the applicable racer info, each time it is clicked.
- When viewing the standings for a completed round and scoring was done by Times, a timing audit will be conducted automatically to try to detect any timing problems. The user will be warned of any heats that may have had a problem. The audit is based on Stan Pope's article for Detecting and Correcting Timing Errors. Used by permission.
- Added the ability to color the background for each lane on the Racing screen.
Track Records Setup
- Added the ability to edit racer image location.
Top Times Setup
- Added the ability to specify a minimum time limit. Any time below this limit will not update the top times. This can be handy when you are doing testing.
- Added the ability to trigger sound effects from a keyboard shortcut.
- When using master scheduling, the popup screen to select the race group now shows a "Master Schedule" selection.
- Image size will be automatically adjusted to fit on the screen, if needed, in order to display all lanes. Affects the Racing and On Deck screens.
- Added a Test Mode to the Options menu. When the Test Mode is turned on, track records and top times are not updated. Turn off the Test Mode when your testing is done.
- Added shortcut keys to open/close the On Deck and Top Times screens.
- Fixed the problem with the video replay for the last heat in a round not being triggered. User must still go through any popup messages before the replay will start.
- Screen redesigned to make starting a new round or Grand Finals round simpler.
- Added support for not using a start switch/sensor with Fast Track (K1 and K2 models), SmartLine and The Judge timers.
- Added warnings for possible timing problems detected from the timer data, such as power glitches or start switch/sensor not working.
- Added an Average Heat Times Chart report. Can be handy to identify possible timing problems.
- Modified the Round Standings report to always show the race group column.
- Added the ability to reorder the tabs on the Main and Racing screens.
- Added an Event Log to record significant events, like restarting a round, deleting a group, etc.
- If your computer is running in dual monitor mode, large font screens will open automatically on the secondary monitor and a controls screen will open on the primary monitor. This applies to the Roster, Awards/Standings, Racing, and Intermission screens.
- The Grand Finals round is no longer listed under Round 1 but as its own round.
- When the Racing screen is closed, the tabs on the Main screen are synched to display the last run round/group.
- Added a shortcut keys section to the software's Help file.
- Several other less notable improvements and fixes were implemented.
Screenshots and Feature Descriptions:
- The basic steps on how to run a race with GrandPrix Race Manager are outlined on the Overview tab of the main screen.
- You can check off each step as you go along, for reference.
- Shortcut buttons take you directly to each step.
|Click on an image to enlarge|
Minimum Software Requirements:
- 2.2 GHz or better CPU
- 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows® XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7, or 8
- Internet Explorer® 5.01
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- 25 MB of hard drive space
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended)
- 800x600 screen resolution
Hardware Requirements - Snapshot Capture Feature
- A Webcam connected to the PC via a USB port.
- Or a Video Camera connected to the PC via a FireWire* cable or via a compatible Video Capture Device** (Composite Video or S-Video connection to video camera and USB to computer).
* FireWire is also known as IEEE-1394 or i-Link®
** If using a video capture device, check the system requirements for that device.
GrandPrix Race Manager Downloads:
- If you do not have a serial number to unlock the software, it will run in Demo Mode. The demo mode has some limitations on it, but you should be able to sufficiently evaluate the software. Once you purchase a license and receive your serial number, you will be able to unlock all of the software's functionality.
- Serial numbers are product and version specific. You cannot use a serial number from one of our other software products or for a different version of GrandPrix Race Manager.
For Windows XP Users:
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 needs to be installed in order to run this software. The 4.0 version of the framework does not install what is required for this software, so make sure to install 3.5.
- In order to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, you do need to be running Windows XP Service Pack 3. If you are still running Service Pack 2, you will need to update your system before you can install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Version 12.0 Files:
|Operating System||Approx File Size||Download|
|Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7, or 8