Most laptops these days do not come with a 9 pin serial port but most timers used for Cub Scout® Pinewood Derby®, Awana® Grand Prix, Space Derby®, and other similar races, require a serial port. This USB to Serial Adapter will allow you to use one of your USB ports with your serial timer or other compatible serial port device.
- USB 1.1 and 2.0 compliant
- Supports RS-232 serial interface
- Over 230kbps data transfer rate
- Supports remote wake-up and power management
- Suitable for PDA, modem or serial race timer
- 18 inch length (Should be be used in conjunction with a regular serial cable. We offer a 50 ft Serial Cable, if you need one.)
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, or 10 (32 and 64 bit) or macOS 10.6 Snow Leopard or above
- Pentium processor 200MHz or above
- One available USB 1.1 or 2.0 port
- CD-ROM Drive
- USB to Serial Adapter
- Driver CD
- Driver Installation Instructions
Note 1: Latest drivers can be downloaded from the Prolific website.
Note 2: This adapter is not intended for direct connection to a timing system, as it is too short to be practical. The adapter should attach to a regular serial cable.
Note 3: Product color and appearance may vary.
We do also carry a Serial Port Tester that will help you troubleshoot a timer communications issue.
Warning: Don't wait until the last minute to test out your timer with your computer! You don't need your whole track setup in order to do that, just the timer, your computer and the cabling to connect the two. If you do run into a problem, you will then have time to resolve it before your race.
Awana is a registered trademark of Awana Clubs International
Cub Scouts, Pinewood Derby and Space Derby are registered trademarks of the Boy Scouts of America